Thank you for supporting small, independent artists! Kiku Handmade has been in the business of fusing glass since 2004. All items are handcrafted by Laurie Freivogel in her tiny basement studio, as such please allow for minor differences from the web images.
- SHIPPING ESTIMATES: I try to ship as quickly as possible, most in stock goods typically ship within about 3 business days of placing your order (give me up to 5 days in case I have to quickly fuse something), custom and made-to-order goods can take an additional 2-4 weeks to make and ship. If you need something shipped express or overnight, please contact me to make sure I can accommodate you.
- LOCAL PICKUP: My studio is in Oak Park, Illinois, just six blocks outside of Chicago city limits and is open for local pick ups by appointment only. Please select PICKUP when you are checking out, and I will contact you within a day to schedule.
- SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION AND INSURANCE: Please let me know right away if you need signature confirmation (it's about $2.50, I will send you an invoice). I ship most small goods via USPS, you may choose First Class for orders under 1lb, Priority Mail or UPS. Everything but First Class mail will be insured, our carriers insure up to the point of them scanning an item as delivered. If an item goes missing after delivery (off your front porch or from your hallway, for instance) USPS/UPS will not pay for replacement, and I will be unable to offer a free replacement.
- BREAKAGE IN TRANSIT: If there is breakage en route to you, I will replace it at our cost immediately. PLEASE TAKE PICTURES AND EMAIL THEM to email@example.com, and please save the box - I can't replace anything without this. If the item is repairable, I'll email you a prepaid label to send it back (please use the original packaging).
If you're not happy with your purchase, or it's just not right, please email within two weeks of receiving your order with your return or exchange preference.
In the case of a return, once I receive the product back, I will refund the original purchase price minus shipping and a 10% restock fee. I cannot take returns on Custom, Holiday, Greetings from Your City, Sale, or One Of A Kind goods.
In the case of an exchange, please send back the original item with your request for the replacement item, and your email address + shipping address. I will email you an invoice for any difference in price and the shipping cost to get the replacement back to you.
When shipping goods back to Kiku, please ship in either original packaging, or packed securely (bubble around product, at least 3-5" of packing peanuts and box - never a bubble envelope). Any breakage en route to me will be the shipper's responsibility. I need to receive the item back in my hands within two weeks after the return is processed on my side, in new and unused condition.
During the holidays, if you've ordered between Thanksgiving and Christmas and you need to return/exchange, please email me by New Year's Day, and mail back to me so I receive it no later than a week after the return is processed (so all December holiday gifts must be back in my hands by the end of the second week in January).
All returns/exchanges must be initiated by the original purchaser.
- for 3 weeks in December, starting around 12/22;
- in early February for NY Now;
- in mid-August for NY Now.